Tuesday 24 April 2012

Chien Kiyany’




In the Bible, it is written, ‘The truth shall set you free.’ Of all the things in the world, the truth?? Not determination, empathy, wit…not even love. And that is the most shocking of them all. Love cannot set you free. Love cannot tame the savage beast. Then, is love vanity?? Is it a pointless emotion that the wise can do without?  Wisdom is the strategic application of knowledge. My knowledge tells me that love is not that fairytale I imagined when I was a child. It is tough, it is hard, it is cold, not to mention bloody…ask Larry King, he was married 8 times. You don’t even need him to confirm that for you…I’ve been there. I have had my fair share of sour romance. But that’s just it, it’s in the past.

But why do I put myself through it? Is it because sometimes, that feeling I get when everything is so good, is worth all the pain?? Or maybe because that happiness I seem to be searching for is somewhere out there, or already with me, I just need to work on it to get a better outcome? Perfect example: Kate Middleton and Prince William…theirs was not always a walk in the park. It took a few breakups to realize that pride had to be swallowed to achieve unfathomable bliss.

When it comes to love, I was the teenage shrink. Mganga hajigangi…my own love life was as tattered as Bonokode’s(???!!!!) Shirt. Again I say, that is all in the past. The title of this post is “Chien Kiyany’ ”…a Luo proverb which means, the past is never despised. I embrace my past, with its faults and drudgery, it is mine. In it, I have lived what half my peers have. But my future awaits…

 I convinced myself that I had to live my life in a certain way in order to be perceived in the way I desired. I chose to correct myself today. I guess it took one bad turn to jolt me back to humanity. William Shakespeare said it all for me, ‘men are men, the best sometimes forget.’ So, I’ve drawn for myself a mini-contract. Something to live by. Terms and conditions apply :P

If you get hurt, get up.
If someone close to you passes away, grieve as much as you can, and be not ashamed of your pain.
If you fall in love, show it.
If he hurts you, forgive him and move on (only if its worth it)
Cry if you have to because eventually, things will look up.
 Look around, very few people end up with the guy they dated when they were 18. Statistics can however be defied J depending…
Think of it this way, you get hurt just to get back up…and you get back up, to try again and get it right!!

So, as much as love doesn’t have the power to set free…it has the power to put a smile on my face. And that is the truth…
So, I guess I’m free anyway… :):)


Ps: new ritual…I’ll post a quote everyday, even if its just the quote….ok…every other day:-) Most of which will be regarding the environment…my way of giving back to society, since Im no Clooney…yet!!
‘We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children’ –Native African Proverb-

4 comments:

  1. Awww...babe...Thanks!!I hope umenisikia vizuri:):) pendana yako yote:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You speak or in this case write with such feeling and intellect ... and the subject is highly pertinent to life as we are living it in this time and age ... Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...sweetie, Thank you. We are women destined to impact the world with our words...So, Im just trying to set my footing!! :)

    ReplyDelete